Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Scotty P's - Plano, TX


I started out headed to my favorite Thai restaurant only to find it closed without a sign up or anything, the closest Fuddruckers GONE, and two other establishments closed on Tuesdays.  So maybe I was destine to come here.  Scotty P's in Plano brings up what I feel is probably a common issue to vegans - is it vegan? 

Scotty P's boasts a decent menu (think Fuddruckers without the unnecessary bells and whistles) with an assortment of burgers, salads and fried sides.  They also have the (now more common) veggie burger.  But is it vegan?  I feel much more comfortable having a black bean burger (a la my BWW post), but without it stating 'black bean burger' all I can do pre-order is ask the order-taker if it is vegan.  She says yes and there are people behind me, so I do not ask the brand as some of the more common patties have cheese or dairy in them.  So the next clue I get is the visual inspection of the patty.  If it is a black bean or griller version, usually safe.  If it is the kind pictured above, kind of a crap shoot as to if it contains dairy.  My order-taker seemed confident in her assessment of the food and I had no reason to doubt her, so there ya go.

I got BBQ sauce and guacamole added to the burger and the pictured onion rings as a side instead of the fries that comes on a 'platter' meal.  The burger was very messy (due to my order) but yes, it was good.  The onion rings seemed more home-style than others I have had and they tasted, well, like fresh cooked onion rings.  The web page boasts no microwaves anywhere in the establishment, so that's a good thing.

Meal plus tea for $12 and change.  They also have the aforementioned variety of salads and sweet potato fries to go with the regular ones. 

For a hamburger joint, not a bad vegan option.     

No comments:

Post a Comment